Our Family

Sunday, August 30, 2009

Marbles Museum

On Friday my mom was here and so graciously volunteered to clean our house really good before the baby comes. Andy told me I wasn't allowed to use cleaning supplies while pregnant, which drives me crazy since I love to bleach the bathrooms. So our house could really use a good clean and it has been cleaned since I became pregnant just not in a while. So while my mom was cleaning we met a friend of mine and her twins (Cale and Carter's girlfriends) and little boy at the Marbles Kids Museum. This was the first time I have taken the boys and they had the best time! We will definitely be getting a membership. As soon as this little guy makes his entrance and I get acclimated to having 3 kids we will spend lots of time there! My mom got the house nice and clean before we came back and then that night I had a much needed girls night out.

The boys start school on Wednesday, yay!!!!! We are all so excited! The boys ask all the time when is it a school day. They love school and I am so glad that they do. This year they will be getting ready for kindergarten and I felt so happy when hearing their teacher talk about what they were going to learn first, writing the letter L and recognizing their ABC's, because the boys already know that stuff. Cale actually has been making lots of L's, I think they must be his favorite letter or something. I just hope they aren't shy and voice what they know, unlike their father and I were. They have known their alphabet and the sounds the letters make since before they turned 2 (all thanks to the Letter Factory DVD--best $10 I ever spent). They also just love to learn and read and figure out what stuff says. It takes forever to get through a book sometimes just because they want to read it after you do. I am so relieved about this since Andy doesn't like to read and I have to be in the mood to read. I guess the ironic thing is Andy is the one who works with them the most on reading. I guess he doesn't want them to be like him about reading.

Well we have a busy week ahead and just hope the baby doesn't come until after Wednesday. I am one of those moms that likes to get lots of pictures the first day and be there to walk them into school. I know that if I am in the hospital Andy will not do it!

Cale in the bus


Cale and Carter in the bus, they loved this thing!


Cale in the car and Carter pumping gas



The boys and their girlfriends Bell and Gloria
We hope they will marry one day in a double wedding.

Posted by Picasa

No comments: