Our Family

Sunday, August 16, 2009

Our Weekend

This weekend was actually a kind of fast one for us, probably because the big day is getting closer. On Friday the boys had gymnastics camp and while they were there I went to the farmer's market and got some yummy fruit and veggies, then stopped by their doctor and pick up their immunization records for school. Yay, it is almost time to go back to school! That night was the semi-annual TMOTT (Triangle Mothers of Twins and Triplets) consignment sale. They always have the best stuff!! My friend Danielle went with me as my helper since I am pregnant. I got a brand new looking Bjorn Active for $55, which retails for $180! I was really pumped about that. The only other things I got was a few things for the boys for the fall and a few sweaters and warm items and Halloween stuff for the baby since that is the only thing that didn't overlap in size. Which does go against my no shopping, but these were things we needed. I had gone through most of the boys' stuff and all of the baby's stuff before going to the sale. Andy fed the boys while I was gone and I got back just in time for their bedtime and then Andy and I had the ever so healthy Chinese date night at home.

Then Saturday I had lunch with a former teacher friend of mine. We ate at Carrabbas and were there talking for about 3 hours! It was so nice to catch up without kids and over a very yummy meal. We then went to Target for a few items we both needed before having to return to our spouses and children. That night Andy grilled out a yummy super and then we took the boys to the Durham Bulls Baseball game. Andy's work has season tickets and so we just went for the last 2 innings and then the fireworks afterwards. The boys had mixed reviews. Cale, who didn't cover his ears, said afterwards that they scared him (you would have never known). Carter, who covered his ears an laid on Andy, said he liked them a lot. Kids are so funny. They did seem more attentive to the game than they have in the past. Probably because I made Andy sit in our regular seats, behind the gust bullpen and it had "cooled" off some outside and wasn't so hot. The boys didn't get in bed until 10:30 and so the slept until 8 this morning, then they went and played quietly in the living room since Andy and I were still sleeping!! They have been doing that lately which is so nice!

Today has been pretty laid back. We had church this morning and Andy and I both served in the nursery, so we were there for a while. We then hit the Hibachi Express, kids eat for $1 on Sunday. After lunch Andy took the boys to the school to ride their bikes and then play in the yard while I rested since I have been having several contractions today. Tomorrow I go to the doctor again and hopefully after all these contractions something has started to happen in there!! This week the boys have their last week of gymnastics camp .

No comments: