Our Family

Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Lots of Work

Within the last week Andy and I (and my Mom) have been doing serious amounts of work. Thankfully we were not dumb enough to move while I was 7 months pregnant this time like we did with the boys, so we don't have nearly as much to do to get ready for this baby. There is still several things we want to get done. I am really starting to fear that I am running out of time since I had bad contractions again yesterday afternoon and some all night long. They were just Braxton Hicks, but I know stuff must be getting ready to happen.

Last week Andy hung one new door in our house. We are going to redo all the interior doors, because they are plain wood doors circa 1954. These are what we chose and we are doing bronze handles and hinges. Our house is a pain to hang doors since all the floors are now slanted, but we started with the attic door just to see how it would go. Andy discovered that he is just going to have to order custom doors and will still have to sand them some. Anyone want to come help Andy do the next 9 doors?! My mom painted it for us and the whites look a little different, but they are from the same can of paint. The lady before us decided to paint all the trim is acrylic paint, I have no clue as to why. We have changed it in the other rooms, but the door looked funny next to the shiny trim. We found her paint she left and fixed it.

My mom and I also spent Friday morning making freezer meals while the boys were at gymnastics camp. I didn't have any freezer meals made or realize that I probably should have when I had the boys. This time I feel more prepared and decided to give it a try. Hopefully everything will turn out, as they are pretty much all new recipes- I have only made the lasagna before. I still have one more to make and I am going to do that tomorrow morning. These are what we made, lasagna, baked spaghetti, cream cheese chicken, BBQ chicken and tomorrow I am going to do sloppy joes (thanks to my friend Tara for the last two). I am also going to try and do a baked ziti (also thank you Tara), if I can get the stuff and make it before having this baby!!

We also had some extra carpet from when we carpeted our stairs bound and made into two rugs. That is what the boys are sitting on in the pictures. You see how quickly Andy gets things put away. This rug is probably going in our room since we moved ours into the boys' room and the man didn't cut it as small as Andy wanted. He did however bind the left over piece for free which will go in my sewing room. I have finished a little more in the baby's room. Now all we still need is a name!!! Why is this so hard. It's like my mind is blank and I have no clue what to call this kid. That is another reason I don't want to go early, but mainly the fear of having to go back to the NICU. Please pray that I make it until at least 38 weeks, that's only three more weeks.








Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Kasey Q said...

I hope the contractions slow down for you. I'll be thinking about you.

For dinner ideas, you should check out http://freezerfriendz.blogspot.com/. It's an entire website devoted to making freezer dinners. I made a few from their site before we had Colt, and they were VERY good.

Amanda said...

Thanks! Those recipes did sound really good.