Our Family

Saturday, August 22, 2009

Andy's Birthday

We celebrated Andy's birthday with a nice relaxing day of nothing! That is how Andy likes it. The boys made him a card and helped him open his presents. We got him a new Wii game, Grand Slam Tennis. We did nothing all afternoon. The boys watched a movie and we napped. For his birthday supper he wanted Chinese food. So he got take out from his favorite place. As for a cake I made his favorite, Chocolate Eclair. Lucky for us the boys hate dessert, so more for us!! Carter asked who was coming to Daddy's birthday and I told him it was just us. He was like, ok. I was really hoping that I would have the baby on his birthday because he did not want it to be born on his birthday. I don't know why, it's not like he cares that much about his birthday. It will actually probably be born on birthday since that is the day before my due date. I am starting to really hope that he comes sooner!!

Yesterday Cale and I had a very interesting conversation. He was commenting that his Chik-fil-a cows had different spots and that one cow was missing some. I explained to him that God makes everything special and unique and that their spots were different because God made them that way. Then he looks at Carter and said, "Yeah, his face is different than mine and I'm taller than him." It is really great that they see themselves as being different because the older they get it does get a little harder to hear them just lumped together because they look alike. They are really VERY different. It shouldn't, but it even kinda bothers me when people lump them together even more generically as "the twins." Andy and I rarely say that about them. We pretty much always say their names as if they are just siblings. I do love having twins and fill very blessed, but it is nice to see them develop into their own personality. The even stranger thing is though, that when they see pictures of themselves they always ask which one is Cale and which one is Carter. So I wonder what they are thinking sometimes?

The boys greeting Andy when he got home from work



Andy opening up his presents and he was actually totally surprised!!



Yummy cake!!


Posted by Picasa

No comments: