Our Family

Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Independence

I am so happy that right before the baby comes the boys are becoming more and more independent. This is why we waited "so long" to have another baby. We get the comment a lot, "Why do you want to go back to diapers?" Well the simple answer is always, "If you had two in diapers would you want to add another child that wear diapers and if so are going to pay for our diapers?" Andy and I had (have) our hands full with the two kids we already have, so we wanted to wait until they were potty trained, in school for 5 days a week and doing somethings on their own.
Making their own breakfast would be really nice, but we will take what we can get. This includes being able to wipe their own butts, get their own cups and water from the fridge, and now change the toilet paper. Yesterday I went to the bathroom to check on Carter because he had been in there awhile and when I went in he told me that the toilet paper had run out so he was putting a new roll on. Sure enough he had put a new roll on and correctly. This is more than Andy does sometimes. I have high hopes that when the baby comes the boys will be helpful. With my luck I have once again set my expectations way too high. Andy tells me I have a serious problem with that and that I need to have low expectations so that I am surprised when things turn out better than I thought. I just have a problem being a pessimist like my husband. I want to always think things will go good. Hopefully they will. My thought on the new baby is that at least it will not be as bad as having two newborns screaming at you.

No comments: