Our Family

Monday, August 10, 2009

35 Weeks...

I went to the doctor today and was told if I go into labor they aren't stopping me. Which I already knew since this is the exact time in my pregnancy that I had the boys. I am so not ready!! I think I might be the only pregnant woman to say that. On leaving the room the doctor said they would see me next week if not sooner. I was like, you will not see me sooner (at least I hope not). I did get the Group B Strep test today and the doctor checked my cervix and said nothing was happening. I was relieved and now I hope that my Group B is negative. I never made it far enough to have that test with the boys and just had to be on the antibiotics just in case I had it. On Saturday I had some pretty intense contractions for almost an hour and then today I have had several that were painful. I really want to be able to have this baby with no epidural. Don't ask why, because I don't have a good reason other than I really hated having these crazy back spasms last time from the epidural. I don't know if I will make it without one though, because the few I have had were a little painful. I love to watch the show, I Didn't Know I Was Pregnant, and those women survive the contractions the whole time and then get to the hospital just in time to have the baby. They always say that the pain was so bad that they thought they were dying. Well, I didn't not think that last time and not this time either, but I do hope that I can make it at home for a while first. The contractions were just worse this time than the other Braxton Hicks I have had. They were actually painful and not just tight. Hopefully I will make it until the boys start back to school. I would really hate to miss their open house or first day of school.

My friend Kristin threw me a baby shower last week. I got a lot of great items, diapers, wipes, and other things that I needed.
Here is the yummy cake!


Posted by Picasa

No comments: