Our Family

Tuesday, August 25, 2009

37 Weeks...

I am now 37 weeks and officially full term! I went to the doctor yesterday and nothing is happening. I am 50% effaced, but not dilated. It was a little disappointing, but the more I think about it the more I am ok with not rushing things along. I am definitely not miserable or uncomfortable. It makes me laugh to hear people having one baby complain about being miserable. I hate to say it, but this really is nothing compared to carrying twins. I was so unbelievably miserable with the boys and could not imagine feeling any worse than I did. I don't know how people carry twins full term. I can still honestly say that I have no complaints, other than having to pee every 15 minutes. My back has not hurt this time and so far no signs of that horrible PUPPPS rash (a rash that itched so bad they had to give me sleeping pills so that I could sleep without scratching my belly).

Since I am pretty sure that this is my last pregnancy (Andy would say it is definitely the last), I have decided to try and take in and enjoy the last little bit of it. I do hate that my belly once again makes me look like a freak of nature and I hate how people stare at us! Doesn't anyone know what it means to glance! I really noticed this Sunday in line at the K&W. People would look at me then look at the boys and then just watch us. I am kind of use to this since people have done this since the boys were newborns, but I guess it is getting old. Even Andy is tired of hearing perfect strangers ask me if I am having TWINS!!! Not to mention this is when we don't even have the boys with us! All I do is laugh and say, "No, I already have a set of those." I do get asked this on a weekly basis. I dread what my poor stomach is going to look like after I have the boys. I am sure it will once again look like I am still pregnant and then I will have people ask me when I am due, because it did happen last time and I even had my newborn twins with me. I am just thankful that I realize most people aren't the brightest and to just answer as nicely as I can and walk away.

No comments: