Our Family

Monday, August 3, 2009

Ready to Go

This past weekend the boys went to visit my parents and Andy and I had a lot to get done! I was able to finish getting the nursery ready. This included making a few things, like the changing pad cover, some blankets, and a tummy time pillow. I also had to pick up a sheet (this was a Pottery Barn sheet that is why it is only one) and few other items like, pacifiers and nursing stuff. I feel like now I have the bulk of everything ready for the baby. I got the pack n play set up in our room as the bassinet. I didn't bother getting an actual bassinet or cradle because the boys spit up so much they had to sleep in their car seats. All I really have left to do is sterilize the bottles, which hopefully I won't need, and the pacifiers, which the baby WILL take. We also need to fix the lamp. I go the lamp shade from Pottery Barn, of course but for only $10, and in their scheme to probably make you then buy their $70 lamp base the lamp shade doesn't fit on the lamp bases I have. Now Andy has to replace a piece that will clamp down on the shade. Granted this will still cost way less than $70.

Andy on the other hand did not get his main objective finished this weekend. We are starting to replace our 1954 interior doors with new ones. Since our house is so old everything is slanted, so a normal size door will not fit. Andy was going to do the nursery first, but then realized that we need a custom fit door, so we decided to put the door we bought on the attic doorway. Well Andy wants an exterior door for that, but I talked him into going ahead and using the one we have since our plan is the finish the attic one day. That door still isn't finished and up, but hopefully this week. Now we just need to order the other doors. Putting up doors is such a pain, but paying Home Depot to do it would cost more than the door!

View from the door, with the car seat and other items that will be moved out when the baby comes.


My Pottery Barn Sailboat set. No bumper, because I totally stress over the baby suffocating on it.


The changing table/dresser. That is the changing pad cover that I made and will probably never make another one.
It was very time consuming.


The blanket and tummy time pillow that I made.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: