Our Family

Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Uneventful Weekend and 39 Weeks...

This past weekend was a nice long weekend without the boys and would have been a perfect time for me to have this baby, but I didn't. My parents wanted to take the boys to a car show at a train museum, so they went to Greensboro from Friday to Monday. It was nice and quiet around here and we got some stuff done and caught up on sleep. We went out for a couple dinners and went to a baseball game. I also finally got a new cell phone after 4 years of having my other one. I took the big jump and got a Blackberry. I was nervous since it would make my cell phone bill go up, but I really think that I will use it for my business or I hope it will come in handy with that. This weekend would have been so nice to have the baby though!! I have several people who have volunteered to watch the boys when I go into labor, but I was just hoping to avoid the stress of tracking someone down and then worrying about how the boys would do and what they would think.

Carter is already having a rough time getting adjusted to school for some odd reason. He didn't want to get out of the car again this morning. I just don't know what to do. I have tried every reward I can think of and still today it didn't matter. I guess once he is there and in class he is fine, but I just hate how he is in the mornings. I could tell this morning in the car that it was going to be one of those days and it was. The boys are asleep which means they must be really tired. Maybe that is what is wrong with Carter. Maybe he isn't getting enough sleep. Andy and I have a hard time believing that it is because I am pregnant and there is about to be a baby soon. He is just the one that seems to be more oblivious and we don't know that they really know what is going to happen to their lives. I don't know maybe we don't give them enough credit and maybe they can sense that life is going to change drastically.

I wish that the baby would hurry up and come already! Maybe that would solve some problems or might create new ones who knows. At least we can then move on and start adjusting to the changes in our lives. I have been having contractions for the past week!! Most of the time they come about one an hour, but sometimes more. This is getting to be very old. Mainly because it gets my hopes up that this might be it and then no I don't have another one for an hour or sometimes longer. I figured it would probably happen today just because Andy had to go out of town for work. That would be my luck. I go back to the doctor on Thursday, but I feel like what's the point? They are not going to tell me to go to the hospital and have the baby. I really hate that Andy was right about what the doctor said about me having it in the next week and it was a full moon on Friday and he said that wouldn't be true either. I hate it when Andy is right! I am really starting to feel depressed about this. I am not miserable, but just ready to be done! I hate the anticipation of when is it going to happen. The wait is killing me! I have been trying to work and stay busy, but it is hard since my mind seems to be elsewhere. Hopefully it will happen soon!

No comments: