Our Family

Thursday, July 2, 2009

One Week Down

This week was one of our weeks with nothing major planned. We ended up filling it completely up, as always! Our calender seems to fill so quickly at the beginning of every week. I love to be busy, but I have a ton of sewing to do and need to stay at home more.

We did have one very terrible trip to Target on Monday in which both, yes both, children fell out of the double shopping cart. No need to worry it is the kind with the tiny useless seats that are near the floor. Carter happened to fall out at the check out counter and after the trip we had had all I could is laugh. I know I am not in the running for mother of the year, but oh well I think I lost that one a long time ago. The cashier kind of looked at me like I was the worst parent ever because I am laughing and am telling him that is what happens when you don't wear your seat belt. That was also probably the tenth time he cried while we were there. One time he even threw himself in the aisle. I of course just told him I didn't care and I kept walking. He quickly got up and jumped back in the cart.

Tuesday was a little better. I thought I would be a nice mom and take them to the park. We get there and they would not play. What kids have to be dragged to the park?! Finally they started playing with another little boy and then since we weren't far from Andy's work we went and had lunch with him. Then I had to take Cale to the doctor, and Carter went too, because he keeps scratching his ear. They think the ear tube is wiggling and he can feel it, so there is basically nothing we can do until it falls out. That kid needs to put his head under water!! Maybe if I tell him his ear will stop itching he will do it. Anyways, my kids LOVE going to the doctor. It is a good thing since we spend a lot of time there. I am so glad they are not afraid and let the doctor look in their ears and are not too difficult while being there.

Yesterday we went to our first story time at the library in a really long time. The boys love it now that they love to read and hear stories. We got there a little early so that they could check out their first library books. I tried to have them do this last summer, but they did not understand that you can just take the books without paying for them, they are sometimes too honest. This time after learning about the library on the new Disney Channel show, Special Agent Oso, Cale has been obsessed about checking out a dinosaur book. Luckily he did find one!! Unfortunately for Carter we only found one. Carter was persuaded into a couple other books though. While we were there we meet our friends, the boys' identical twin girlfriends, and then got a McDonald's picnic lunch and headed to the park. It was so much fun! The boys had a great time and it took up most of the day. We then had a birthday party for a little girl in their preschool class at Pump It Up. We had never been there before, but the boys had a great time.

Then today we hit park number three for the week. It was a park we haven't been to in a while and our new wonderful friend Wendy joined us. It is a huge wooden maze thing and the boys had a blast! The last time I took them there they were little and I left with a serious case of indegestion from not being able to see them the whole time. This time I felt much better about it and had an extra set of eyes, which is always nice when you have twins.

Tomorrow we are headed to the pool and I can't wait!!! I love the pool and how it makes all my pregnancy aches and pains go away. I really do love being pregnant, but I think I might be getting ready to be ready for the baby. My cousin and his wife just had their baby boy yesterday and seeing their pictures today made me feel a little nervous again. I am nervous about labor and childbirth and nursing and sleeplessness. She did good though, three pushes and that was it! I really hope and pray I am that lucky. Please pray that I am that lucky this time! I pushed for three hours with Cale and then another 47 minutes with Carter, so I think I deserve a speedy labor this time. I feel a little more fit though. Not being on bed rest really does make a big difference in your energy level. I am still pretty tired after any activity and can't stand too long, but it doesn't take me nearly as long to recover. I am still having the sciatic nerve issue, but the pool seems to help that so it should be better after tomorrow.

I really am going to take some pictures this weekend. I took my camera to the party and the park and still forgot to take pictures!! I am a terrible mother lately. I am going to be better this month.

No comments: