Our Family

Thursday, July 9, 2009

Library Fun

This week we went to our second straight story time at the library and trip to check out books. The boys love finding books and reading them way more than they love story time. They go and listen, but will not participate in the songs--they are just like their father! This week they were a little more into picking out books, but Carter would just grab any book. One he handed me was called, I have two homes. Needless to say I put that one back without him noticing and then I started monitoring the books he was picking. Next week we have camp all week and won't get to go, but after that we will be there every week until school starts back up.

I think when thinking about their last first day of preschool I am a little sad. I am not sad because my babies are going to be in kindergarten soon, but rather that they are just growing up and this is their first last of something big. It is probably just because I am hormonal, because I am so ready for them to start school. I will never be the parent that has a hard time leaving their child. Yes, I like to walk them to their class, because I like to see what they do and how they act. I love peaking in on them at school and watching them play with their friends. I have missed that at camp since we have been in different buildings and never see each other. We are definitely the type of family that needs breaks from one another. I miss them while they are at school, but when we are at home together everyday like the last 3 weeks I think we all drive each other crazy!! We need our alone time. The boys even got to where they would play in totally different rooms and wanted to. School is very good for our family and I love our preschool and feel so blessed to be there. The teachers are wonderful and I feel like the boys have learned so much and they love doing art which is something I don't do with them at home. The boys told me that there favorite thing in the 4 year old class is doing art. It must be a center because after we talked about it they ran to their book bags and took out several pieces of random art they had made with stickers and glue.

Carter with his stack of books


Cale resting on the couch


Posted by Picasa

No comments: