Our Family

Monday, July 27, 2009

Finally A Vacation





Last week we went on our one and only beach trip for the summer and it was to Surfside Beach in SC. It was a little depressing knowing that it was our only trip to the beach. The boys were in a very funky mood for most of the week. They were being very defiant, which is sometimes like them but not always. Oddly enough on the way home they turned back into our normal children and have been that way since. Maybe they are anti-social like their father and just don't like being at the beach with 20 people. I'm not sure, but I hope it isn't always like this.



Anyways, we did have a fun time. The boys did get into the ocean and even tried a little bit of boogie boarding. They really enjoyed the beach at night. I think because they had their clothes on and it is just more fun to get those wet since you are not suppose to. I wish I had gotten more pictures of Andy in his new rash guard. He wore a tee shirt at the first of the week and it bothered him, so he got the skin tight rash guard. It was funny, but at least he didn't get burnt again. The boys didn't really seem to enjoy the pool that much. They got in, but Cale really wasn't enjoying himself. I think it was a little crowded for them and they don't like being splashed. That being said a crowded pool=getting splashed whether you want to or not. Our kids were of course the only ones who wouldn't jump in the pool. This bothered Andy a little bit, but I had to remind him of who our kids spend the summer with=me. I haven't really taken them to the pool that much until this summer, because it was just too hard for me to be double teamed by two small children at the pool. This summer we haven't been in a few weeks and even then they weren't really into jumping in to me, because I obviously look like I might not catch them. So I told Andy he needed to be more willing to go to the pool with us, but I can't see that happening.



We went and played putt putt one night. It was fun. Andy was stressed out, of course. Cale got a hole in one and Carter got 2 holes in one!! That was pretty much the only thing we did besides going to the beach and pool. One morning we did head out to the park and then Chik fila just for something different to do. That was the day I was so glad that we did not go out to the beach. The rip tide was really strong due to a storm way off the coast and a 13 year old boy got washed out to sea. That is so sad. It was so heartbreaking to hear the rescue helicopters keep flying overhead all day long. I can't even imagine being that boys mother and being right there and your child vanishes. The next day they had to pull 3 people out of the water that were in trouble.



Friday was super crowded on the beach and it was seriously like that John Candy movie, Summer Rental. We found one little place to set up out stuff and it was high tide and no one was allowed in the water past their knees. Next year my vote is a quiet NC beach. That night we went out for a seafood buffet. What is a trip to the beach without the seafood buffet?!



Then Saturday was time to go home. On our way home we stopped at the outlet malls in Myrtle Beach. I got the best deals at the Children's Place outlet and few good ones at the Baby Gap. We then at at the Bojangles and headed home. It surprisingly only took 3 1/2 hours. I really wanted to stop at the Fort Fisher Aquarium near Wilmington, but Andy would not do it. He is no fun sometimes or most of the time. The kids were even being really good too.

No comments: