Our Family

Monday, July 13, 2009

Some Days

Today has definitely been one of those days. At preschool camp this morning we actually had a good and very small class. Unfortunately for me, I had to come home with the worst two kids probably at camp. The boys have been so bad for Andy and I lately. I hope it is only for us and not for any of their teachers too. They will not listen. Literally 5 minutes after you tell them to stop, and sometimes less, they will do the exact same thing all over again. I really don't know what they are thinking. I think maybe it is the hard transition of giving up a nap. I feel like they need one everyday, but somedays I can not get them to go to sleep. Then it might be the transition of me having a baby. I don't think they know what to expect, but I know they know that life will be different. I really thought 4 years old was easier than 3, but lately it has not been true in this house. Cale gets it most of the time, but Carter likes to push every single button that Andy and I have. We have really run out of punishments that seem to be effective. I keep thinking if I just hang in there it will pass soon, because the boys have always gone through phases like this before. Most of the time it is when they are out of school and I think it may be because they need that daily routine and consistency and I need that break too.

Other news is that I finally finished painting the nursery! Here it is so far. We obviously still need to rearrange and put the crib in, and move the modem and wireless router (that is a job that I say Andy needs to call Time Warner to fix and he swares he can do it himself, I'm a little nervous about that). I will post more pictures when it is all finished.



Posted by Picasa

No comments: