Our Family

Thursday, July 16, 2009

Ready

With vacation just around the corner I am feeling very good about everything. I am surprisingly feeling like I am ready for this baby. Well except for the fact that the crib is still in the attic, but the boys didn't even sleep in theirs until they were about 5 months old. I went shopping today for some maternity things and nursing items while the boys were at camp. It made me a little nervous about nursing, but I am determined to do it. We have no formula except the the little tube samples that the doctors office gave me. The items I had to buy make me really want to do it since I spent more shopping than I would normally spend. I just justified it by each article I bought was less than a can of formula and I would get more use out of it.

I also bought some non-maternity clothes that fit! I was so super excited that I found a regular shirt to fit over my crazy poked out belly. This is so great because now I have something to wear home from the hospital that isn't maternity. This may not sound like that big of a deal, but after having the boys I was under the illusion that my belly and the pounds would just melt away after they came out. WRONG! That so did not happen! I wore maternity clothes for almost two months and then wore clothes that were 3 sizes larger than I was before. The books I read said to take your smallest size maternity clothes to wear home. Well I did and they barely fit. Not this time. I now have an outfit that is regular people clothes! The shirt may not be my regular size, but that's ok because I know that parts of me will be a little larger for a while (hopefully not my belly though).

I have never really cared about my body image until after I had the boys. I never even cared while I was pregnant, probably why I gained 60 lbs. After I gave birth I just couldn't look at myself in the mirror. It was like I was looking at someone else. My shoulders were wider and my face was round, I shouldn't have gotten a short hair cut that did not help my look. Since then I have really cared a lot more about what I look like. I walked like 2-3 miles almost everyday to lose my baby weight, which was 35 extra lbs. I do not diet. My philosophy is that you only live once and you might as well enjoy what you can. I do however now watch what we eat to make sure it isn't too bad for us. I just hope that I can really be motivated to get into shape. I think that I am already feeling motivated because I feel like I have been little more cautious about what I have ate this time.

Life is just a live and learn experience. Once you have been through it once you really do have a greater understanding for what is reality. It is so hard the first time you are pregnant and have a baby because you have no idea what to expect and your expectations are so unrealistic. Not this time. I totally know what to expect and I am ready (not right now, but in 6-8 weeks)! I am not sure I am ready to lose sleep, but who is?

No comments: