Our Family

Saturday, September 20, 2008

Mockolate

Yesterday on the Today show there was this story about how Hersheys has taken cocoa butter out of their chocolate and replaced it with vegtable oil resulting in, “I call it mockolate, which is basically a fake chocolate product.” I was wondering why it didn't taste the same. Also, I thought it was strange that last weekend at Target the Almond Joys were completely sold out! Turns out they did the same thing, but because of complaints went back to milk chocolate. Here is the whole news story if you want to read it, http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/26788143/. It is just like on Friends when Monica had to come up with recipes using mockolate. They all tasted bad. I just hope that Hersheys comes to their senses and decides to go back to the real deal. Now I know why I love Godiva chocolate and as much as it cost they better not be skimping on the ingredients!

No comments: