Our Family

Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Good EASY Cooking

I don't really like to cook, but when I do it must be really easy and not many steps or ingredients. Well if you are like me then Kraft Food and Family magazine is perfect for you! You can subscribe to it at www.kraftfoods.com --it is free. You get them every couple of months and they are great! I have been getting them for several years. I just got my new one in the mail and there are several good recipes.
One is for a very easy and yummy looking coleslaw. It calls for the prepared bags and then you just add two more ingredients. I am going to make the one that calls for bacon and ranch tomorrow. I also want to try the Asian one too--it calls for Asian dressing and peanuts.
Another great recipe is for slow cooker chili. It sounds super easy, ground beef, kidney beans, chili powder, tomato sauce, onion, corn, and the best sounding ingredient--Salsa! We love salsa! I can't wait until it gets cold to try this out. I love using the crockpot, but I hate pre-cooking the hamburger, but oh well. You can find this recipe in its' entirety on the website if you don't yet have the magazine it is slow-cooker hearty beef chili.
Last night I improvised dinner using one of the recipes. I had some kraft mac and cheese that I cooked in a skillet and then after I drained it I put a can of Veg-all in it and put it on low to warm up the veggies. The boys surprisingly at it or most of it. Carter had two helpings and picked out most of the veggies. The boys won't eat carrots because they say bunnies eat carrots. Cale actually picked them all out and said he would give them to the bunnies in a minute.
This website and magazine are a real must have for easy cooking and yummy meals!

No comments: