Our Family

Sunday, September 21, 2008

Interesting Recipe

Over on the side I have a link for A Year of Crockpotting blog and today I just read this recipe called Applesauce Chicken on her blog. The boys, well mainly Cale, and Andy love applesauce and we all love bok bok (chicken), so I think that I am going to make this. It sounds super easy and uses frozen chicken, how much easier can cooking be. Like I have said before I really do not like cooking, but I know it is cheaper, we can definitely stand to save a few dollars, and it is healthier than eating out. This recipe sounds pretty healthy I think. I will post this week after I make with the review.

I have been doing the Special K diet for the past week. You are suppose too lose 2 pant sizes in 2 weeks or something like that. I feel like I can somewhat stick with this diet plan, since I really hate the word diet because I love food and I love to eat. Also, since school has started back and we walk about a mile twice a week at school and the weather is nice I will be walking more. I did runthe other day with the kids! I have been failing miserably at the eating breakfast because I am just not hungry. Andy says that by skipping meals it makes me gain weight. I don't understand that concept no matter how many times he explains it to me. I do have a cup of coffee though and it has calories empty ones but calories none the less. I have been eating Special K with Red Berries for lunch and then only eating a Special K bar or granola bar for a snack. Yesterday and today I did splurge on lunch though and had Mimi's with the girls from Bible study yesterday. Then today we picked up Cook Out on the way home from church, because Andy had to hurry and finish dethatching(?) the back yard. We are trying to get grass to finally grow in the backyard instead of weeds. Andy said this time if it looks nice in the spring we are just going to pay someone to keep it fertilized nicely because we spend so much time and money trying to get the grass to look good every year only to have it look like crap by June.

1 comment:

Kristin said...

Why are you on a diet, you crazy girl?!!!