Our Family

Friday, April 24, 2009

Another Busy Week

It seems like every week is so busy even though there is really nothing on the calender! At the end of every week this month I have felt like, what did I do this week? It goes by so fast with tons of little stuff keeping us busy. I love to stay busy, but sometimes it is so nice to not have anything due or anything to be doing. This weekend we are somewhat busy. Andy's car is once again in the shop. I vote we park it on the curb with a free sign on it, but Andy doesn't want to part with it. My car needs new brake pads and the service engine light has been on and off since we paid it off in October. Isn't that always how it goes? So he is getting the brake pads changed today before the whole brakes get torn up and this leaves me car less! Luckily we live in walking distance to a couple parks and have a nice backyard so that we can enjoy this beautiful weather! Andy is helping some friends move in the morning and then who knows what we will do. I need to go to the farmers market and of course sew to get ready for the festival I am doing next weekend. We have the nursery at church on Sunday, so we won't get out until around 1 and then I am sure there will be lots errands we need to run after lunch.

I am so glad that spring or summer has finally arrived! Our house is so cool on these kinds of days, but I'm sure by the middle of next week it will be hot in here and we always wait until the middle of June to turn on the air. I am so cold natured and the heat doesn't really bother me until it hits about 100 for a week or so, then I am ready for cooler weather. Everyone keeps telling me that this summer will be different and I am going to be miserable! People are so nice, huh?! Hopefully I will be able to tolerate the heat ok since I am so cold natured. I was never bothered by it with the boys and they were born in May and I gained 60lbs of warmth.

This morning at work we were talking about how we wish we had always written down words that our kids called things, like the kid in our class who calls big trucks "BT". Well I was thinking I really should make a day each week where I write down things the kids say. Here is this week and last...

Us: What do you want to name the baby?
Cale: Mater
Carter: Regular Baby---Not sure where this came from unless it's because we are only having one? Also, this is what Carter calls the baby when referring to it.

Carter: I don't have to pee pee and poo poo right now because my pee pee and poo poo are sleeping.

Carter: The baby started out very tiny and then (pointing to his mouth and moving down) it went down, down, down into your belly. ---So I guess this is where he thinks babies come from. Andy has a lot of work to one day.

Cale and Carter: Pepperoni is called Macaroni

We got the boys some Rainbow flip flops, they wanted some like Andy and I and they were the same price as the Crocs I was looking at. Well they walk like Frankenstein with them on. They are a little big because their feet were too fat to fit in the right size, so I had to move up a size. So I don't know if that is what it is or if they just need to learn to walk in them.

Carter has a lot more interesting things to say because he is a little more free spirited, I guess that is what you would call it!

As for Cale, he is more the serious inquisitive one and asks why or what about EVERYTHING!! We never have a peaceful meal or car ride!

This past month we have done a lot. We planted our veggie garden, which isn't doing too good. We took the boys to eat at Kanki, Japanese hibachi style, for the first time. They loved it! Their birthday is coming up! I can't believe they are almost 4! We decided instead of a party this year we are taking them to the zoo, it is pretty much half way for our families. Their actual birthday is on a school day, so I am taking in cakes and party supplies to have a little party at their tea party time at school. They said they wanted Mickey Mouse clubhouse cake. Well I got the people from Mickey Mouse Clubhouse and am going to make them cakes. Yes, they each get their own cake, which sounds strange to some people. Our thought is, would you want to share blowing our your birthday candles every year? As for the candles they both want a number 4 candle. Easy enough!! Hopefully they will like their cakes!

No comments: