Our Family

Tuesday, April 14, 2009

An Eventful Saturday Resulting in...

Saturday started off kind of strange. I was having some issues, so I called the Dr and she told me everything was ok and if it happened again to call her back. I felt good about what she said and we were going to an egg hunt that afternoon, so I decided to go ahead as usual with our day. We went to a fun egg hunt with some friends and there was free Chik-fil-a which always makes a day pretty good. Then we stopped by Rooms to Go Kids, because we need to find some bunk beds for the boys. While we were there I had my issue again and had to call the Dr. Well she told me to go to the ER and get checked out just to make sure everything was fine. I was a little nervous about going to the ER alone, just because the wait there is always so long. Well we couldn't reach anyone to watch the kids, so I went ahead by myself to the ER. Once I was there it was surprisingly not busy and I only had one person ahead of me at triage. When it was my turn the nurse pretty much freaked out because I was pregnant and immediately called labor and delivery to come and get me. So They took me to labor and delivery triage and once I was there I realized why I was sent to the ER. My Dr was pretty mad they sent me there because just in case something was wrong it would have made a bad situation even worse if I had to sit there and listen to other people's healthy baby heartbeats. Well luckily for me I was the only one in there and everything was fine. They found the baby's heartbeat and the baby is very active, so great signs.

The triage nurse kept me company. She was very impressed that I drove myself to the hospital and was there by myself. It was actually pretty nice, finally peace and quiet. Now I am all registered for when I go into labor and know what to do since I will probably be driving myself to the hospital then too. Which isn't bad since we literally live 2 minutes from the hospital. Andy did get in touch with our friend Brian who brought his 5 year old daughter over to help him play with the boys so that Andy could come join me. When Andy got there I was waiting for an ultrasound. Which took me 2 hours to get! Apparently there was one person ahead of me, that was in the ER go figure. My triage nurse kept calling and the ultrasound people were useless. So I finally got my ultrasound and everything looked good. I guess it was just one of those things and hopefully it will not happen again. I was really hoping to make it to 40 weeks this time without seeing the birthing center at Rex hospital. Oh well, maybe I can make it the next 22 weeks without having anything else happen. However, we did find out of the sex of the baby! Andy said it was the one good thing that came out of the day. So can you guess what we are having?! It's a boy!!!





Posted by Picasa

No comments: