Our Family

Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Looking Forward to Summer

This week the boys and I have been on spring break and I have really enjoyed it. I thought that it would be a long and exhausting week, but it hasn't been too bad. The boys have had their moments where they have been way too loud and Carter is going through a difficult stage which Andy says is just like he was as a boy (if you want him to do something he doesn't).

We haven't really done anything too exciting this week and that is the best part! Monday we had lunch with Andy. Yesterday afternoon we went to the grocery store. That is something I never do with the boys by myself just because I either forget what I am getting, even with a list, or I spend too much. I didn't do too bad. The only thing was I accidentally picked up the expensive milk instead of our usual HT brand. Then today we met some friends at the $1.50 movies to see Bolt. I was a pretty good movie. Carter said he liked it and Cale said he liked it, but there was a scary man in it.

The boys are pretty fun to have conversations with now. Carter is funny because he is so carefree and gets distracted easy, so you never know what answer you are going to get. Cale is the more serious one that you can really talk to about things and most of the time get normal honest answers. Things like this make me sad about them growing up because they are so

It has been really nice not having to be anywhere at any certain time. Also, being able to spend more quality time with the boys. I do work at the preschool and then have my own business, so I pretty much feel like between those two things and all the chores at home that I ALWAYS have something I need to be doing. This week I have just put everything on hold. Well not really because that would be impossible, but I have taken it all easy. I have been doing the house chores and a few sewing projects, but not too much.

I feel like I am nesting a little early. I have gotten most of the baby stuff ready and been trying to clean out the room that is going to be the nursery. It is a little early since we don't even know what the baby is yet! We will be finding that out in 3 weeks, which seems like we should know by now. I wish we weren't going to find out, but Andy insists. I guess truthfully it would kill me not to know what the baby is! It is already bothering me not having ultrasounds every time! I think it is making me more nervous this time than with the boys. Everything also feels different, but I am having one and not two! Cale is now saying he thinks the baby is a girl because he wants a girl because I am a girl. He has turned into a mommy's boy lately. They like to flip flop between Andy and I.

I am really looking forward the summer to just doing fun things with the boys now that it is so much easier to go and do things. We are doing 4 weeks of camp this summer and going to the beach for a week, but so far that is it. I may sign them up for gymnastics camp in August again, just because they loved it and I may need a few hours to get things done. Last summer we were so busy there was no time for the pool, summer movies, or other fun things that would come up. This summer is hopefully going to be a lot slower!

No comments: