Our Family

Sunday, April 19, 2009

Big Beds

We finally got the boys big beds!! When they climbed out of their cribs right after their 2nd birthday we were a little surprised and not ready to make the large purchase of beds, sheets, and mattresses. So we got toddler beds and figured it would give us more time to look and decide what we wanted.

Two years later and we still had no clue what kind of bunk beds we wanted to get them! After spending hours in the Rooms to Go Kids last weekend, I finally talked Andy into checking out the beds at Pottery Barn. He decided to after nothing was really standing out to us at RTGK. It wasn't too much more expensive and a lot nicer. We got them delivered on Saturday and Andy was so glad that he went with the Pottery Barn furniture. I never thought I would hear him say that!! He is kind of like Phoebe on Friends, he hates Pottery Barn. I still need to get the quilts for their beds. Which I actually got what I wanted with that too! Turns out Pottery Barn has a credit card that gives you 10% back, so with that money I am getting the Madras quilting at PBK that I want!! I just have to wait for my reward certificate. The dresser also has a nice large shelf for baskets to put all their toys in that I need to keep out of the playroom. I also need to get some stuff for their walls. We are going to repaint the room too, but are having a hard time with paint colors. Go figure! Carter wants his walls red and Cale wants his walls blue. I am not sure how that will look, but that is why I wanted the Madras quilt with lots of colors in it.

They say it is much safer to have children under 6 years stay off of the top bunk, which is fine with super paranoid parents like Andy and I. So we will leave them like two twin beds for a couple years.




Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Tara said...

I love the beds! And I'm glad to hear that PB Furniture is not as expensive as I would have guessed....I have browsed the catalog, but the colors don't seem to match the other furniture we've already got. But maybe I'll take a look in person.

Amanda said...

Thanks! Yeah, the one we liked best at RTGKs was only a couple hundred less and was not nearly as nicely made. This was actually a room they sell together, the bunk and dresser, and I think it was on sale too.

Anonymous said...

Amazing design!! Check out the wide range of Kids Bunk Beds from Spacify.com