Our Family

Sunday, November 30, 2008

Our Thanksgiving

We luckily had a very uneventful Thanksgiving. My parents and my aunt came to Raleigh and ate lunch with us. We did have a close call on Wednesday night Cale was running a fever, but was fine on Thanksgiving. That is why I say uneventful, because every year someone has been sick on Thanksgiving. The food was very yummy and I think most of it was eaten! The boys are not too crazy about holiday foods, so I will probably cook something different for Christmas or if the good ole K & W is open we will go there. The boys LOVE that place!

My mom and I were back to our usual Black Friday shopping. I got some really good deals! We got to Kohl's at 4:00, yes I have not seen that time of night in about 3 years! We got in and got what we went for and got out. I even got an extra 15% off because I had to wait for them to find my rebate sheet. That was great! We then went to Toys R Us were I seriously thought people were going to brawl either with the employees about the line situation or just out of total frustration from not being able to move. We got in got almost everything we were after, not all just because it was crazy, and got out. We then went to Target. All this was by 6 am! We waited about 15 mins for them to open the doors and then got in and shopped a bit and then quickly checked out, which Target has always been wonderful at having every register open to minimize wait time. I got everything I was after there and then some! We were back home by 7:15! It felt great to able to go and get all that done and we were surprisingly not that tired.

Later that morning just before lunch we headed down to the Christmas tree lot and got our tree. The boys were pretty excited. I wanted a much bigger and fatter tree, but Andy wouldn't agree because he said it wouldn't fit. He is definitely no Clark Griswold. I have decorated and will have those pictures up soon! I am now busy wrapping all the presents. I hope to have that done soon, just because I like it finished early. I also have a very busy week this week! I have a vendor fair Thursday night at my mothers of multiples club meeting and then on Saturday I have a market in downtown Cary, Winter Fest. I am hoping all goes well, because we could really use the dough after having to buy a new tv, which has been a good purchase. It was great watching State whoop Miami in HD yesterday!

Spending a long weekend with the boys always leads to something funny happening. On Thursday morning while watching the Macy's parade Carter commented that some big clown float looked like Mawmaw. We all thought it was really funny, not my mom so much. That reminded me to tell her that the other week Carter randomly asked Andy did he not like Mawmaw. This was while we were in the drive through at an Old McDonald's and I could not stop laughing. Carter always carries on, Daddy why you not want Mawmaw to come? I have no idea where he got this because Andy has never lead on that he doesn't like my mom. Who knows.

Also, Cale told us that he was sleepy at lunch on Friday because Carter woke him up. So I asked Carter why he was talking so loud and woke Cale up and Carter's response was, "I couldn't stop the songs from coming out." We all died laughing. That kid says the craziest stuff. In a couple of the pictures in the slide you can see his lips are puckered that is because he was ready to eat and had to wait so he began his, "I sleepy." That is what he says when we is nin trouble or doesn't get his way. Andy has begun putting him in time out for saying it for no reason and this morning the second time he had to go the whole way to his room he kept saying, "I not sleepy, I not sleepy." We laughed and then after his 3 mins he didn't do it again and that was at about 10 this morning. Who says time out doesn't work?!

There is always tons of funny stuff they say and I always mean to write it down and of course by the time I make to to somewhere to be able to write it down I forget! I am going to try and be better at it.

No comments: