Our Family

Thursday, November 20, 2008

Lots of Use

Andy and I, well mostly Andy, are pretty frugal people. We do what we can to save money. We coupon, Andy tries to fix things that break(more on that later) and I try and buy the kids clothes that will last way longer than they should. These next few pictures demonstrate that. These hats have lasted us 3 winters!! They are a size 18-24 months from the Baby Gap. I don't think they had big heads as babies, but they fit and they fit great the last two years. I think they actually still fit this year but were a little snug and I think Cale had had enough of those hats because he would have nothing to do with wearing them. So in the last picture you can see that we finally got them new hats. I just thought it was funny how long we were able to use these hats! Also, you can tell we got 2 years of use out of the coats and actually the coats they are wearing this year they wore last year too. I love getting the most out of my money!

This brings me to the tv. We have not gotten our moneys worth out of the TV, it is 5 1/2 years old and I don't think that is very old. Almost 2 weeks ago it suddenly died along with the cable box, which was replaced by time warner. Well Andy swears he can fix the tv and it takes him a week and a half to try. On Tuesday night he was able to fix it or so we thought. Back to Tuesday, at school that day for some reason Carter started crying at tea party that his toes hurt. Who knows why? On Wednesday morning his teacher asks him if his toes are feeling better and his response is, "Yes, they are better because my big tv is fixed." What?! They don't watch that much tv and Carter never even mentioned the fact that it was a larger 32" tv and since has been a small 19" That kid makes me laugh. So anyways, today I fix my lunch and sit down to watch last weeks ER and turn on the tv and poof it is broken again! I call Andy and inform him to not add tv repairman on a list of things he can do. He was bummed. I really don't want to buy a new tv, because I need a new washer and dryer. I guess we will be moving into the 21st century and finally breaking down and buying a flat screen tv.



6 months old


18 months old


2 1/2 years old


3 1/2 years old


Posted by Picasa

No comments: