Our Family

Monday, November 3, 2008

Crock Potting and Other Stuff

This weekend Andy actually remembered to take out meat for the week. First up is pork chops. I am so tired of eating grilled bbq pork chops, so I decided to look in my favorite cookbook, Fix It and Forget It. Almost every recipe called for browning the meat first. I do not like to pre-cook! I will do it if I have to, but prefer not to. So I figured have boneless, skinless pork chops I probably didn't need to do that and then called and asked mom and she agreed. So I chose, Pork Chop Casserole. It called for 4-5 chops, rice, water, parsley, salt, pepper and cream of mushroom soup. The boys don't like normal casseroles, but love rice and cream of mushroom soup. I think so far it smells really good, but what doesn't smell good in the crock pot?! I will update tomorrow on how it tastes. Hopefully it will be yummy! I may do some stewed apples with it since I love apples and pork. If only I had beer for my beer bread.

Yesterday Cale made Andy and I laugh, which does happen often but this is kind of sad too. We were stopped at a red light and across the intersection was a Moe's, great restaurant for those that don't know. Well Cale spots it and says, "M-O-E-S that spells quesadilla store!" Andy was like what did he say, but I was too busy laughing to tell him. As you can tell, the sad part is that we eat out way too much! Plus the boys LOVE quesadillas! They have them classified as spicy-Taco Bell, cheese dip-El Rodeo, and yesterday they had one at the balloon place-Red Robin. They actually even looked at the pictures on the menu and when I said do you want bok bok or quesadilla, Carter pointed to the picture of the quesadilla and was like I want that. I guess I need to cook more, which is why I think Andy came home and took meat out. Also, I need to save money to pay for the new sewing machine I am getting this week! It is going to be a combo that also monograms!! I can't wait to learn how to use it and add that too my growing business. So if that interests anyone give me a month to make sure I can do it and not ruin anything and then I will post when I am taking orders for that.

No comments: