Our Family

Friday, December 16, 2011

October Fun

Back to October, yes I am late again and tonight will hopefully be a catch up, we took a little trip to the mountains.  We love going to the mountains in the fall.  The leaves, the temperature, and lots of fun stuff to do.  Our new favorite thing in Sparta in the fall is the corn maze place.  Lots to do and keep the kids active and busy outside!

We also made lots of visits to the pumpkin patch and ended up with a lot of little pumpkins!  The boys are still enjoying first grade.  There have been times when I have been a little frustrated and the thought of homeschooling has crossed my mind.  Then I snap back into the reality that public school is where we need to be.  At first I get a little nervous about the things they may learn, but then I am happy about the life lessons they do learn.  They are good boys and are Believers, so I know that can be helpful to them making the right choice.  I don't think as Christians we should be afraid to send our children into public schools.  We should have the faith that they can be the light that the non-believers need.  As for their education, I think it is also fine.  There have been some areas where I wasn't happy with how my children were doing, so we just work harder on it at home to help them improve at school.  Parents are a part of their child's education even if they do send them to school.  Don't get me wrong, I am NOT against homeschooling.  I recently read a comment though that one homeschooling mom (someone I am not friends with and don't even know) said that she thought public school kids had no manners and it was because they weren't at home being taught manners and under the close watch of their parents.  I'm sorry, but I think my kids have great manners and I think HER kids are going to turn out crazy because they ARE under her constant supervision.  I couldn't have been more angry to read that.  How dare her say that about someone else's choice for schooling for their children.  I hate to break it to her, but I have known some kids that were homeschooled and didn't behave perfect.  Newsflash to her, all children have their moments and no one's child is perfect.  I'm just glad my children are in an environment where they are friends with people from all walks of life and aren't just friends with people like themselves.  Anyways, I will get off my soap box now!

Here is my second attempt at posting pictures from our fall fun.
























No comments: