Our Family

Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Pool Snobs

I feel as though I was very fortunate to grow up with my parents having a pool in the backyard. Some people, like my husband think it depreciates your house and is hard to keep up. I think it is well worth it! I think I took for granted the fact that at anytime I could just walk outside and go swimming, well when the weather was warm enough. Now I so wish we had a pool!! I live an 1 and 10 mins from my parents, so there is no going over there just to go swimming. We do however live practically right across the street from a decent Raleigh city pool. It is nice as far as public pools go. It has a fenced in baby pool and spray yard and is mostly full of neighborhood people. But, I hate public pools!! By public pools, I mean all kinds of public pools. A lot of people in our area are members of pools either country club or neighborhood pool clubs and well we definitely do not fit in at the country club and the neighborhood pools are nice, but you have to drive too far and by too far I mean 10-15 mins. I am too lazy to drive that far, because with Mack we are doing good to make it an hour at the pool and then when you add in all the getting ready and time to get settled at the pool. I am actually wiped out by the time I get to the pool and can get in. Then I stress the whole time that some unruly kid is going to pull my kid under water. That is probably not going to happen, but sometimes it is pretty crowded.

OK, so I am a pool snob because I really only like to use private pools. I DO NOT like to share my pool space! So last week I drove to my parents house and spent two days swimming with the kids, Andy had to work of course. It was so nice! I was finally able to put Mack in a float and didn't have to hold him the entire time. I have tried so hard to talk Andy into getting a pool, but as usual he says no. Well what drove me to go to may parents and really bug Andy is that I had a really bad experience at the public pool last week. Some kid took Cale's toy aways from him and he was younger than Cale and we try to teach our kids to be nice, so I told Cale to go ask for it back. Well the kid wouldn't return it. Then the mom turned around and Cale told her that that was his truck and he had been playing with it, all very nicely, and after her failed attempt to get the toy away from her son she told Cale he needed to share! No she did not! I have never had to confront a parent before, but we had just got to the pool and he had just put his toy in the water when this kid took it. I didn't go through all the prep work and get to the pool just to have some kid take my kids toy away. So I had to get up and nicely, but really wanted to snap, tell that woman that we just got to the pool and my child had just put it in the water to play with it. Then she got the toy back and there was no issue. I don't know why she didn't just take it from him in the first place. You can tell who runs that house. Andy went with me Sunday afternoon and it was a lot better and it is easier to have him there to swim with the older boys.

The boys practicing their swimming



Look at that sweet face!! I could just eat him up!!



Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Mark Nguyen said...

Dang! That woman was messed up. I can't believe she had the nerve to tell Cale he needed to share! If I were in that situation, it would have been on like Donkey Kong!