Our Family

Wednesday, June 23, 2010

On the Move

One more post for today...

Mack is totally on the move and ready to even walk!  Last week he started really crawling, like on hands and knees.  Before that he was doing this really weird and slow belly, army crawl thing.  Well now he is really going.  I had to put the baby jail back up, tomorrow I promise I will have pictures.  I had to work it in differently than when Cale and Carter were babies.  They had each other and didn't feel so lonely.  Mack sat and played while I put it around him yesterday and then about 15 mins later he noticed...he was trapped!  I only did it because I had to get dinner ready and he always go straight for the floor lamp and my very old glass case that his brothers never touched.  I know, no one has to say it this kid is going to be TROUBLE! 

He has pretty much perfected standing and not holding on.  He does fall, but while standing he can chew on his fists and pick his fave penguin up and swing him around, I will have to post pictures of this as the penguin is almost as big as Mack and has a plastic bottom.  Today I really thought Mack was going to take a step.  I know it won't be long.  Cale and Carter were 15 months before they walked.  I was only 10 months, so I guess Mack is going to be fast just like his mommy, ha ha. 

He is also on table food now.  Still no teeth, which the other boys had two by nine months.  He will still eat some baby food, but he loves table food.  He ate a whole banana today!  He loves, the dole fruit cups, green beans, chicken, carrots, pretty much any fruit or veggie.  I gave him toast yesterday and as soon as it hit his mouth he gagged!!  I do the same thing when plain bread hits my mouth.  He doesn't really like any bread, which I remember the other ones didn't either at first.  I am just shocked that he doesn't like waffles.   Although once again I think his brothers were the same. 

I am really sad that he is now 9 months old and growing so fast!  I feel like he is already getting that toddler attitude.  I love him so much, as well as his spunky brothers!!  I know I do complain about needing a break  a lot, especially now that school is out, but I really do feel so blessed.  Being a mom is a really awesome experience and I am so thankful I was given the privileged to be one. 

As for Cale and Carter, they are still asking 900 questions a day.  About 400 of those are the same question just asked a different way.  By 5:30 I am about ready to scream, sometimes by 8:30 in the morning just depends on the day and they amount of coffee I have had!  They are in their first week of VBS and are surprisingly loving it.  I didn't have anyone refuse to go in, I fully expected Carter to refuse.  They have made crafts and told me they did the motions to the songs.  Oh how I wish I could be a fly on the wall in their class.  They are doing great at reading!  I am so proud to hear them sound words out at the store or where ever we are at.  I am just so amazed at how anyone learns to read!  Sounds silly, but I always thought that seemed like a hard thing to teach.  Andy has done a great job at teaching them, he he not their mother who was a language arts teacher.  Cale shows a lot more interest than Carter, but Carter will definitely bust out something intelligent when you least expect it.  Those kids are like crazy sponges!  I love it!!  I am one proud momma!! 

Our summer is really flying by and then my big babies will be kindergartners and my little baby will be in MMO.  Everyday I remind myself that this will be over in a flash and I need to enjoy even the hard days. 

1 comment:

Mark Nguyen said...

As long as Andy is teaching them reading and not spelling, I think you guys are going to be all right. Looking forward to seeing the kids, especially the "black one."