Our Family

Thursday, June 24, 2010

Cooking

This week I am really on top of things, or so I think.  I have been cooking supper every night this week!!  That is a major feat for me.  Monday night we had Brinner (breakfast for dinner) with french toast and fresh local fruit.  Tuesday night I felt like mother of year, we had fish sticks.  Yep that's right, right out the box and fries, that were from the freezer section also.  As it turns out one box isn't enough and there were 18 fish sticks in there.  Wednesday night Andy grilled out steak, veggies from the garden and farmers market and corn on the cob, also from the farmers market.  Then tonight I was really proud of myself!  I made homemade lasagna!  It was so yummy!!  Cale had like 5 helpings!  I have had fixed garlic bread (that was bogo last week at HT) and salad.  In case you want to make the lasagna, which you know for me to make has to be incredibly easy, it is the recipe on the back of the Muellers lasagna noodles.  It is that easy.  Just pick up the box, then get the ingredients, then allow your self about an hour and half or so before dinner and start cooking it.  If I can do it then anyone can do it.  I also use the ricotta cheese in mine because I am not a big cottage cheese fan, but it says you can use either one. 

I have also been on top of the dishes, well most of the time.  Although I have fallen a little behind with the laundry, but today I got all caught up.  I have started getting back to my sewing again.  Two weeks ago I had a little accident with the rotary cutter, I nipped the tip of my thumb.  It is just now feeling almost normal.  Still a little tingly.  Don't you know it had to happen at 9 at night.  Luckily we have some great friends and neighbors that watched the boys so that Andy could rush me to the Urgent care before it closed at 9:30.  I have now made a new policy not to sew after 8:30 unless I have just had a huge cup of regular coffee. 

I am busy sewing getting ready for the Designers Downtown Market in Raleigh on July 17th.  Please come out, if you are local, or spread the word!  Last time I was very very disappointed with the turn out.  I didn't do even half as good as I have in past, but it wasn't because I just didn't have many sales, it was because there really wasn't the crowd there that is usually there.  I was really bummed and it was hot and windy.  I am hoping for nice weather, although I am sure it will be hot, and a really good turn out.  Spread the word!!!  I am going to have some really good deals going on!!!

No comments: