Our Family

Monday, June 28, 2010

Our Garden


Our garden has been doing ok this year. It got off to a pretty decent start only to have high temps reach the 100s and not much rain lately kind of slow things down a bit. We have gotten quite a few cucumbers. I might have picked the wrong kind this year. For some reason they have been really long, like at least a foot, and kind of skinny. They are also really tall plants. We have them in tomato stakes and they are as tall as me! I don't know what kind I got. We have a couple different kinds of squash, some zucchini, jalapenos, bell pepper, egg plant, and tomatoes. All we have got in squash, cucumbers and today Andy picked some peppers. I am so ready to have some tomatoes!!

We also have our fruit trees back this year and better than ever! I have never seen so much fruit on these trees!! There was actually so many apples on one branch that the entire branch broke!! We were very sad to see that happen. I know we probably should have thinned it out and pruned it last year. Last year because of the drought we had maybe one or two apples. I am not exaggerating. This year we have double and the pears are like that too. Usually the squirrels get all the pears and we get a handful, not this year. The tree is still loaded! Does anyone know when to pick the pears? We have never had any on the tree this long. The kids love pears and are so excited about eating them!

First harvest



The apple tree pre-broken limb



The little pears



The garden

Posted by Picasa

No comments: