Our Family

Monday, December 31, 2007

New Year

I can't believe how fast this year has gone by! I thought the boys first year went by extremely slow, mainly because we had no clue what we were doing and were majorly sleep deprived. The older the boys get the faster time seems to go by. As I am sorting pictures from this past year I look at some of them and can't believe that it happened a year ago. They looked like little babies a year ago! They have grown and develop so much this past year and it is so amazing to me.There have been a lot of days that I wonder how am I going to make it until 6 when Andy gets home, but lately there have become more and more days that are just so fun and easy. The boys definitely still have their moments of fighting over toys, but luckily they are in alternating good and bad weeks. Discipline also has its moments, but today I was thinking about how great 1-2-3 magic is and with Carter it really is magic. I really hope that the 3's are not going to be as bad as everyone says. The 2's mostly certainly have had there moments, but I wouldn't say terrible.


I never make resolutions, because I think they are stupid and no one ever sticks to them. I have decided to just do what I should do everyday except really mean it this time-I am going to try to be a more patient mother and wife and try to always see the bright side. I am the most inpatient person, I think that is one of the reasons the good Lord blessed me with twins. I am also going to try and let go of a lot stuff and work on the relationships in my life. As the boys get older I want them to be loving towards each other and to others and the best way for them to learn is to watch their parents.

For the last two days they have been so compassionate to each other. Carter bumped his head this morning and Cale ran over to kiss his booboo and gave him a hug and then a little while later Cale got a booboo and Carter gave him hugs and tried to give him a kiss, but Cale wasn't in the mood and Carter was really upset because Cale would not let him kiss him. Their love for each other is so great and wonderful and I wish everyone could have that kind of love for their family members. I know that I take it for granted that I have these two wonderful, smart, healthy boys and I am going to try hard to fight the negatives in my life and live everyday for the blessings that I have. I hope that everyone else can start their new year off in a wonderful and loving way and that you can also try and count your blessings daily!
(These pics were from a while ago, but they still hug and kiss)

No comments: