Our Family

Saturday, January 5, 2008

Off to a Nice Start

We had a pretty rocky New Year's Day with the boys. We thought they would be fine without a nap, well we were wrong, but at least they were asleep by 6:30 that night. Apparently they have gotten back into really needing a nap, but the last two days has meant they are now laying awake in bed until, well what time is it 9:50 and I still hear one singing. At least they are singing now and not running around terrorizing the room. We had been sitting at their door until they fall asleep since Aug. and I decided with the new year I would loosen up a little. It has actually went a lot better than I anticipated. Tonight was the first night one has gotten out of bed and, it was Cale, and he knew it meant no paci for a little bit because he gave it right to me. After a little crying I gave it back and talked to him and he has been fine.

Today it was so cute! I heard Carter come up to Andy in the hallway this morning and say, "Daddy will you play with me?" How cute is that?! They really are starting to say the cutest stuff and everyday it amazes me what they know.

Well a little note about my business, I have had almost 1,000 visitors to my website! As of tonight it was at 979 and that is only since the end of Aug. I will also have my shop showcased on the Etsy children's category (http://www.etsy.com/ and Category's and Children) tomorrow for 24 hours, so I am really praying that it brings in more business. I put a few new things up tonight, so check it out.

We have now put the boys in a little morning program on Tue and Thurs just until the end of May so that I can really get to sewing and hopefully get my business growing a little more. They went Thur for the first time and loved it! I like it, but not nearly as much as the preschool they go to and where I work. Which on Friday I got to work in the 4 yo room, usually I am in the 1's, well I was a little nervous at first just because I had no idea what to expect, but I loved it! The teacher I worked with let me help with teaching them to hold a pencil and draw a straight line and cut with scissors. I know this sounds like nothing, but it really made me miss teaching for the first time, except this time it made me want to teach this kind of stuff instead of middle school. We'll see what the future holds, but I love everything I am doing now and love the time I get to spend with the boys.

No comments: