Our Family

Saturday, January 19, 2008

A Lot Going On

We have had a lot going on lately and the biggest news is that on Thursday Carter peed in the potty! He told me he had to go and after not wanting to sit on the potty and doing the pee pee dance for twenty minutes I finally convinced him to try sitting on the big potty and he did and he peed!!! I felt like this huge weight was lifted off my shoulder and a happiness over something that was totally out my hands that I had not felt since I found out I was pregnant and his first steps. I felt this way because not only do we go through about $50 worth of diapers a week, but they can't go to the 3 year old room at preschool until they are potty trained. Now they won't be moving up until Sept, but my boys like to keep us on their terms. Like they didn't start walking until 2 weeks before school was to start and there again they had to be walking to go to school. Well anyways, Cale was at first very mad that he couldn't make his pee come out, but he doesn't care anymore. At lunch today was the second time Carter said he had to go and he went on the big potty. Today however, we had a little accident at the potty. I think he got nervous as soon as he sat down and jumped up then started peeing, so I put him back on and he finished on the potty! I figured he would potty first just because he is more of a Mommy pleaser than Cale. Cale could care less if he is doing what you want him to do and if he makes you happy.


This past week was also a sad one at their new school. Carter is finally realizing that Cale is not ever going to be in his class. On Thursday he cried and was saying, "See Cale. Cale's class." This broke my heart when I dropped him off. Then on the way home after picking them up I asked them about school and Carter said, "Carter miss Cale." They are the best of buddies! Carter's teacher told me that on the playground when Cale's class comes out that Carter runs to him and they hug and then run hold hands! That is so sweet! I think that being in different classes has helped them love each other even more, but it makes me sad because I don't like them being in different classes and away from each other. Oh well, every one says it is good for them.

Well we are suppose to get several inches of snow today and it hasn't started yet as of 2:10, so we'll see. The boys have never played in the snow before, so I was hoping that we really would get several inches. I will definitely posting pictures if there is any snow to play in!

My parents and aunt came up last Saturday for my mom's birthday. It was fun and the boys love getting away with everything! They are really starting to get the hang of this birthday thing. Last week Cale was "playing" on his keyboard and singing happy birthday to Lightening McQueen. It was really funny. I heard him while in my sewing room, but if I had been in there he would have never done that.
This was my attempt at getting a picture for my mom's birthday card.
As you can see they didn't really want to participate.



Here they are kinda getting into it. They loved this one after I printed them because Carter is hiding.


Here are the boys helping my mom blowout her candles. The only candles we had were two 1's and two 2's, so Andy made my mom 122 (which she really appreciated).




Posted by Picasa

No comments: