Our Family

Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Interesting Week

We have had a very interesting past week. We started really potty training last Thursday. I mean we went full force into underwear and I am not quiting this time! It got to the point where I just thought wow we go through up to 18 diapers a day! That is on average $50 a week in diapers! I never added up how many they went through as newborns, but it was a lot. We are talking about for just the first month feeding every 2 hours and they were changed before and after a feeding, wow! It has not been what I would call a successful event. Carter has peed in the potty twice and Cale once. Hopefully they will catch on in a couple of weeks. I would much rather do the laundry than buy diapers. Cale held his pee all day at school yesterday, until he got into the car. Luckily we have lap pads down and it absorbed all the pee. Sometimes I think that maybe they aren't ready, but then I think they will catch on if we stay consistent which is so hard!
Here are the some pics from the boys' teacher.


Last weekend the boys went to my parents because Andy and I had his work's Christmas dinner. We also got a lot of Christmas shopping done. I only have one more person to buy for! Andy was also able to finish putting up the Christmas lights, even though our house still doesn't look like the Griswolds it will have to do for this year. I was able to have a couple meals out with friends and it is always nice to have girl time.


I have been pretty busy with my business. The other week I had 7 orders in one week! Luckily they were all needed at different times, but I love doing it so it wouldn't matter if they were all needed the same day! I also sold my first two things out of my ETSY shop! Andy and I went Saturday to look at an embroidery machine and I am hoping soon that I can get into doing monograms and names on the burp cloths and blankets.


Nothing else really exciting has been going on around here. The boys are loving the Christmas lights and the tree. They have surprisingly not even touched the presents under the tree. I guess they aren't as mischievous as I thought they were. Carter goes up to everything and says,"No touch mommy, just look." I can't wait until Christmas morning! We are praying this year that no one will be sick, the boys or Andy or me have been sick the past two Christmas'. They have also been teething the past two Christmas' but that will not be the case this year, because they have all their teeth! I am so thankful that stage is over! They don't understand that Santa brings presents, which is fine with us, and they don't really seem to care. I'm sure after Christmas it will all click.

No comments: