Our Family

Thursday, April 8, 2010

Easter Weekend

We had a very busy Easter weekend.  It helped to have beautiful weather!  This is the first year in several years that the weather has been warm and sunny.  We kicked it off on Friday by going for a nice long hike around Lake Johnson. Well around half of the lake.  It was a lot longer than I anticipated.  Especially since I was wearing Mack in the Bjorn.  Then on Saturday we decided to go to the zoo, along with everyone else in NC.  We did thing we must have missed the memo that it was redneck day ;)  Andy and I left feeling like we needed to go get some tattoos or something.  It was crowded, but not too terrible.  By the time we left it had gotten more crowded and we skipped a few things.  After leaving we stopped down the road at the Cookout in Asheboro.  The kids were so excited because it was an EAT IN Cookout!!!  We don't have any of those and I really think it was the highlight of the trip.  My kids love to eat and they love to eat restaurants.  After coming home we showered and then the boys dyed Easter eggs.  Then it was bed time!!

Easter Sunday was a beautiful day!  Andy served at the early service they added at 7:45.  So I was left to get ready and all three kids ready and to church by 9:15.  Andy asked me could I handle it.  My response was that I do it Monday-Friday, so I think I can handle one more day.  I did it and we made it on time.  However, Andy was waiting for us when I got off the bus at church and he wasn't too thrilled with the outfits the boys had on.  He said they looked like they were going to beach and too fratastic.  Oh well, they were happy and I thought they all looked handsome.  I say that I don't have a girl so I can dress the boys however I want and I want them to match and look nice.  The sermon was really good on Sunday!  I really do love our church.  The pastors messages are so good and feel like he really tells it how it is and speaks straight from the Bible.  Some churches we have been to I feel like they just beat around the bush and just stand there read scripture and never relate it to modern life.  I think that if people are going to accept Jesus into their lives they really need to see the truth and relevance of Him and the Bible in their life.  It is more than just being a good person and living a good life.  It is knowing and believing that Jesus Christ is the son of God.  The one thing that is different with Christianity than other religions is not the teachings of Jesus, but the fact that He died and came back to LIFE.  No other religious person did that.  They would all be in their graves.  This is what the sermon was about, or the gist of it, on Sunday.  I did not come up with this our pastor Mike Lee did.  You can hear the sermon here, http://www.gethope.org/

After church we had a nice traditional Easter dinner at Chili's,haha.  A couple from our small group, Philip and Wendy, joined us for lunch.  It was yummy, but I wish I had got a margarita.  I miss those.  Anyways, we went home and had an Easter egg hunt in the backyard.  Cale was pretty disappointed that there was nothing in the eggs.  I told Andy that we should put some change or something in there and he said no.  He is no fun.  I should have done it anyways.  Lately I have read some moms' blogs that blog about everything and have people advertise on their blogs and so on.  I think that if I had time I could write just as meaningful stuff as these moms.  I have lots to write about.  I mean I had twins, what could give you more material than that?!  Well I guess having higher order multiples.  Then I thought maybe I can make myself blog every Monday and do a Mommy Monday where I write about mommy stuff that happened that week or tips or products that I like.  I wish this stuff had been around more when my twins were babies, because I needed lots of help then!!!  Life was so crazy, well I guess it still is. 

Here are some pictures from our weekend...Enjoy!!

No comments: