Our Family

Monday, March 29, 2010

Long Time---Good News!

Since my last post Mack had his 6 month check up and everything come back great!!!  That means for the past week and half I have been able to add dairy and soy back to my diet and nothing has happened to Mack!  This is great news and a relief.  However, dairy and soy now make me a little sick when I eat it.  Oh well, it is for the best since it does prove to be helpful in losing weight and I have 15 more pounds to go.  More about Mack, he is now up to a whopping 17 lbs 14 oz and is 27 1/2" long!!!  That is a big boy.  He is in the 75% in height, which is a number Cale and Carter have never seen (poor things).  Mack may catch up with them one day.  We did get the go ahead for doing cry it out at night.  The doctor said we could if we wanted and I said, "Are we opposed to sleep?  No."  So we started that Sunday night when we got back from Charlotte.  He did great! Cried only 30 mins around 9:30 and then slept all night!!!  Every night since has been great.  He may wake up once sometime, but cries for a minute or so and that is it!  He has been sleeping until 7:30am!!  Sleep=Good.   Now if I can be more consistent with his napping schedule.

In the past week and half since I last posted (sorry about that), we have taken a little trip to Charlotte.  Andy wanted to go ride his bike in some trails with his brother, so me and the boys hung out with the rest of the fam.  The boys got to spend the night with their cousins and they love spending time with them.  I got to have pizza for the first time in 2 1/2 months and it tasted so good!  The boys dyed Easter eggs with their cousins too and loved every minute of that.  Cale of course wanted to eat his right away.  Yes he likes hard boiled eggs (I do to) and as he says, "I"m hungry all the time." 

Last week we went to NCSU Farm Days.  Last year they did not have this because of the economy or whatever, so we were totally pumped they had it this year!  The boys got to hold some baby chicks and turkeys, pet bunnies and see the biggest bull I have ever seen in my life!  They are actually scared of it at first.  I am not kidding that thing was huge!!  Mack also had a good time. 

The boys are on spring break this week, so with last week being the last week at school before Easter they had their big egg hunt!  I bet there was well over 1,000 eggs for their class!!!  They had a serious amount of fun!  Carter loved chasing his buddy William to the eggs and seeing who could get the egg first.  Whereas Cale was very focused on finding eggs.  He was so serious and it was so cute!  Cale informed us the other day that when he grows up and can drive that he wants a minivan because the doors open all by itself.  He has given up on asking me to get one since I told him that day would NEVER come!  No offense to people that drive and like their minivans.  I can see where they are very useful, but it seriously makes me almost vomit at the thought of having to drive one. 

This brings me to this past weekend, poor Carter got yet another stomach bug.  He has had two this month alone!  Luckily no one else has gotten sick.  He was up literally all night Friday night throwing up and thankfully he didn't wake Cale up at all and Mack of course woke up, but cried for a minute and fell back asleep.  Cale actually had no clue what had happened the night before.  That kid would sleep through a dump truck driving through a nitroglycerin plant (Christmas Vacation).  Carter ended up falling asleep on the couch at around 3:30 Saturday afternoon and stayed asleep until 5 Sunday morning!  We did change him in to his pjs, but he didn't really wake up.  When he woke up he did vomit again.  So me, him, and Mack stayed home from church while Andy and Cale went on.  This was the first time one of them has gone to church alone.  Cale did surprisingly well.  I was very proud of him.  Carter began to eat and feel better.  Right now they are at Mawmaw and Papaws for a couple days, Yahoo!!!  I do miss them and I think Mack does too.

Ok, I think that just about does it. Here are pictures from the month of March.

No comments: