Our Family

Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Mack's Diet Update

I realized the other day when I posted that I didn't even mention Macks MSPI (milk and soy protein intolerance) issue. Well, I think that he is on the mend!! I really don't want to jinks him, but he is getting much better. By getting much better I mean that I haven't seen any mucus in his stool in a few weeks. It use to be so sensitive that if I got his breastmilk to formula ratio off by even a half an ounce he would have a really messy diaper for a day or more. Lately, none of that. It has been looking more normal everyday. Now this information was a little gross, but he does have a gastorintestional issue. I have now been able to nurse him 4 times a day and I give him one mixed bottle, just for when I am ready to stop nursing.


He has been having some sleep issues, so the doctor suggested I start solids. Since then he doesn't seem to interested in milk. I have been giving him rice cereal in hopes of him sleeping better since he was 4 months, but not much has changed. I then started to add oatmeal. Here is the good part, it is not just any oatmeal but oatmeal with probiotics. Those are the good bacteria for your digestive system. I really believe that is what has helped Mack. I could be wrong, as I am still not eating milk or soy. Although, that didn't matter a couple months ago when I first cut it out he because he was still having issues. I did have a couple hushpuppies today and I am pretty sure they contained at least milk. Nothing yet, so we will see what tomorrow brings. Pray that he is growing out of this because I NEED cheese and chocolate!!!!!!!! Good news is I have lost lots of weight and feel super healthy!

After hearing about this "new" hollywood diet about eating lots of fiber and eating other foods in moderation to lose weight. Really, eating stuff in moderation and lots of fiber will help you lose weight? I thought that is common sense and I could write a diet book. My diet is eat NO milk products or soy products (exception is soybean oil) and you will lose weight. That is most definitely going to help you to lose weight. You will however have to take a calcium supplement or mulit-vitamins, but be careful some vitamins contain soy. Actually I am not a fan of cutting all of something out of your diet, but I have had to and it hasn't been so bad. It has really been an eye opening experience to me to see what is really in our foods. Very scarey! I am not really one of those health food nuts or organic person, but this has helped me to see that the simpler the ingredients the better the food. We pretty much eat no processed foods now because they all contain soy fillers. Rachel Ray had a good point the other week and that is, it is better to eat natural foods versus fat free. The reason is that fat free/lowfat contain fillers. I noticed this a couple months ago when I bought a lowfat creamer for my coffee. There were a lot more ingredients and they were fake stuff. That does not sound good. Do you know what you are eating? Well now that it has seriously taken me two days to write this, I am done for now! I am going to try and post more pictures later and by later that could be in hours or days or weeks who knows!

No comments: