Our Family

Sunday, April 11, 2010

Business As Usual

I was pretty busy with work last week and was excited about that!  I have thankfully continued to have work come in this weekend too.  I also have another market in downtown Raleigh on May 8th that I am very busy getting ready for.  I have some wonderful repeat customers that want more ponytail holders, so I am going to have a lot made.  I have caved to all the social networking ways to spread your business and by that I mean that I have a facebook fan page and have twitter account or whatever.  If anyone is interested in becoming a fan you can find Oh Sew Cute Designs on Facebook and twitter it is ohsewcutedesign.  I don't really post very much at all on Facebook.  I mostly tweet when I post a new item in my shop or I have a sale and relist it or I just have something to say.  I don't have very many fans or followers yet and I am not sure I am very good at posting on either one.  It is funny that the once a week (if that) that I post something on Facebook I seem to lose a fan, but then I gain a fan, so it evens out.  On Twitter I have been gaining followers and only lost a couple.  I have no clue who these people are that drop me, but I just notice that the number changes.  It may change more, but I just don't look that often.  I just think it is funny that the more I post I gain more followers in Twitter, but when I post on facebook I lose someone.  It's like being unfriended on facebook.  Why?  I have seen some friends post about this on Facebook, so I know I am not the only person who wonders why people friend and unfriend and such.  Did they not like my product or did they not like me?  Do I post too much?  I don't know and I get over it, but I would just like to know why sometimes. 

Anyways, I got accepted on to the Etsy Baby Team.  I am not sure what this is going to entail, but I think that it will offer some exposure. I really love sewing!  It is such a stress reliever!  Also, I have started making ribbon tag blankets again!!  I have known how to "fix" them for quite awhile, but never really had the time to add them back and to take the time to figure it out.  Well after making one for Mack for Easter I realized how much I missed making them.  I have one made so far and it is in my Etsy shop, but I will be working on more this week (if Mack will let me). 

No comments: