Our Family

Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Getting Better

Today we stayed pretty busy by going to see the free summer kids movie, "Horton Hears a Who" and then this afternoon we went to the indoor pool. It was kind of rainy today and I guess everyone had the same ideas we did. The movies were packed! I am so glad I go there early. Carter of course had to go to the bathroom half way through and then they insisted on popcorn, which was not free, but I got some so that we would have a smooth time. The popcorn line when we got there was so long and I was afraid if we waited then we wouldn't get good seats and I was right because I saw people in line around me come in just before the movie started.

The pool was also packed with a camp group, which I would have never thought would have been there. I guess since Cary has outside public pools this was it. The boys are getting so much better with their swimming! Today they had their little life vests on and then used a noodle and totally were swimming without me. This may not seem like a lot, but for my kids (especially Carter) this was a big step. They are a little hesitant, but are getting better.

I am so glad that the boys are getting so independent and it really does make me look more forward to having another baby. Everyone thinks it is the opposite, that is once you are out of the baby stuff then why go back. Andy and I definitely disagree. I really want to enjoy having one baby and going through a "normal" pregnancy and birth. It does feel like a new experience for me which I like. I have no idea what to expect because I have never had just one baby. I so enjoyed giving birth, I know sounds weird but I did, and look forward to doing it again. I just hope it goes a little smoother this time!

No comments: