Our Family

Sunday, March 15, 2009

Where Did Spring Go?!

Ok so I know that it is technically still winter, but that taste of spring last weekend was a terrible tease!! I hate cold weather this time of year and I always hate rain, so the last three days have been miserable. I know this sounds weird, but I really do have that thing where gloomy weather makes you gloomy like you don't want to do anything but stay in bed all day. Well back in the good ole days before kids when I was on bed rest and didn't know how good I had it, that is exactly what I would have done. Not this weekend. My mom was visiting yesterday while my dad and his friend were at a car show here, so it was mine and Andy's one free chance to run some much needed errands without the loud children that we have. So I had to suck it up and get on with it. We also went to a friends that night for an oyster roast. It was so good and Andy actually tried and like the oysters! My friend was a genius and got a babysitter to watch all the kids up in their playroom!! What a great idea and we will definitely be doing that at our next party, not that we ever have any.

On Friday, I got my new washer and dryer!!! I was so excited. They barely and I mean barely fit in the space we had. The guys that delivered said that in 18 years he had never seen a situation like ours and basically dropped them off in the kitchen and was like good luck! Once we finally got them in with the help of Andy's friend Graham they looked really good! They are so quiet! Which is a welcome change from the terribly loud ones we had before. I can understand why the other ones were so worn out. Since we have had kids I have done laundry almost everyday! When the boys were babies I did do laundry daily because we ran out of ALL bibs and burp cloths on a daily basis. I really hope this baby isn't a "happy" spitter like the first two were. At least if it is then I have a nice quiet washer and dryer for all the laundry!

Here is my wonderful new duo! We picked this color because it was different and would semi go with the kitchen's hideous light blue counter tops (which we will not have forever). It kinda goes with the beachy colors because it is a Bermuda Blue.

No comments: