Our Family

Monday, March 23, 2009

Starting Them Off Young

I think most know about my obsession with saving money using coupons. Well now the boys are really starting to catch on. Last night before running to the store I was looking through my coupon binder to find the coupons I needed for my little shopping trip and Cale is always eyeing my big binder. Last night while looking at it he asked if Santa would bring him a big binder like mine with lots of coupons in it and some scissors, we do not let them have scissors at home yet. I thought that was so funny! Of all the things he could ask for he wants a big binder. We have started a sticker chart this week for discipline, I have very little faith that these things work but Cale wanted to do one. So today I picked up some kids scissors for them to use at home. Cale had told me last night that Ms. Rosemary has scissors at school and we needed some at our house. I don't know if I trust them or not, but I guess they should be learning how to use scissors.

Back to my shopping trip last night to Harris Teeter. I had a hand full of coupons and got everything that was one sale, some where buy 2 get 3 FREE! My total before savings was $119.32 and my total after coupons and VIC savings was $54. 31!! This included a gallon of milk for only .99!! I am hoping this coming week to get a free gallon with the Kelloggs cereal deal that is going on. Also, this is a big one!! TRIPLES are going to be starting this WEDNESDAY, MARCH 25TH and lasting until TUESDAY, MARCH 31ST!!! That is a while week of triples instead of the regular weekend of triples that they usually do! I am very excited and am working on getting my binder ready today. Also, I was noticing that my first post about savings that is linked to above I mentioned that I had cut my grocery bill down from $900 to $600 a month and now we only spend $300 a month!! Of course since then we are no longer buying diapers, but those diapers didn't cost $300 a month. I am so happy that our grocery bill has been cut so drastically!! We have also been cutting out eating out. We looked at our credit card statement from all of last year, it actually has is all broken down, and we spent over $4,000 on eating out!! That is crazy!! I couldn't believe it. I do hate to cook, but I would much rather spend that money else where, so we have cut that almost completely out. I will definitely put my HT triples totals up. I am hoping to do really good!

No comments: