Our Family

Monday, March 9, 2009

Beautiful Weekend!

This weekend, and today, has been absolutely beautiful! I love this weather and love being outside in it, however my allergies have been really bad! The boys spent the whole weekend outside. Friday after school we enjoyed the nice weather by walking to the store, the granola one near our house, and then to the park then came home and Andy grilled out. Then Saturday morning I had to get some work done for my market next weekend, so Andy took to kids walking in the woods with our friend Brian and his daughter Ella. They had a great time! After lunch we then went to another park and then walking on the green way. Came home and grilled out again and played in the backyard. Yesterday we went to early church then came home made a picnic lunch and went to another park. My idea of a picnic lunch was Bojangles or Cook Out, but Andy won't let us eat out anymore so we had PB&J. Cale wasn't too thrilled about that, but he had applesauce. The boys took a much needed nap and then we had some friends over for supper and ordered pizza, yummy!!

Here are the boys and Ella enjoying their walk in the woods!






This week I was very proud of Cale for trying lots of new foods. He tried a raw carrot with ranch, he only likes soft ones and that means out of the can, and he tried raw celery. He also tried some buffalo wing chicken and re-tried cantaloupe. He did not like the celery or carrot, but nicely finished them and then told me he didn't like it. Carter at first yelled, "NO, I DON'T LIKE." He sounded just like the kid on Wedding Crashers that yells at Vince Vaughn to make him a bicycle out of balloons, it is funny. Then we talked about how it was nice manners to just say "No thank you" if you don't want something and he began to use manners instead of yelling a me. They both did eat baked potatoes this weekend with only sour cream on top. Which I thought was pretty healthy. I try very hard not to force any foods on them because they are very good eaters and I don't want them to be scarred by being forced to eat healthy food. I know that they will come around if they see us eating it and if it is offered to them. They don't really get any sweets and Cale won't really at or drink anything sweet. He would much rather have water or milk. Any has them already trained that the only healthy drinks are water, milk and OJ. We are having leftover pizza and salad tonight and I am looking forward to it, since I hate to cook!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: