Our Family

Monday, August 18, 2008

Yummy Crockpot Recipe

Well, as promised here is a yummy and easy recipe that I am making tonight! It is from my most favorite cookbook Fix it and Forget it. This cookbok is awesome if you like easy crockpot recipes. Here is the recipe that is cooking now and making my house smell so good!

Awfully Easy Ribs--I used a 3 lb package of country pork ribs and 1 bottle of Sweet Baby Rays BBQ sauce. Cook on low for 6-8 hours. The meat will be so tender you can easily shred it like bbq.

At Harris Teeter I got this 3 lb pack of ribs for $8.64, you can get the smaller packs on sale this week for about $2, but I am going to use this for a couple meals. I will probably shred it and have BBQ sandwhiches tomorrow night for supper or maybe I will shred it and freeze it. Also the BBQ sauce I got on sale BOGO (buy one, get one free) a while back and I had a .50 coupon, which made it freeor very close to it!! I highly recommend Sweet Baby Rays.

Here is a picture. Notice the Reynolds Crokpot bag in there. Those are the BEST things ever!! The food turns out great and there is no cooked on mess to clean out of your crockpot. I got a TON of these at a Harris Teeter triple coupon several months ago for like .25 a box!

I have also made this same recipe using boneless, skinless chicken and with the chicken you do not even have to defrost! My crockpot instructions do say if you do this to add a little warm water, so that the pat doesn't crack from the heat change.

I also plan on stewing some apples that came from our apple tree to go with it. For that recipe I just kind of make it up as I go, but I will just core, slice and peel as many apples as will fill up my pot then add a little water (don't cover the apples in water maybe just 1/4 of the way up), some brown sugar, a little sugar and cinnamon. You can make the juice thicker by adding corn starch as well. Then you just let them cook on the stove until they are as soft as you want them to be. We like our apples really soft and these from the tree are harder apples like Golden Delicious and will need to stew about an hour. If you use the softer apples like McIntosh they need less time.

Enjoy, I know we will!

No comments: