Our Family

Sunday, August 10, 2008

Beach Trip #3--Surfside Beach

We just got back from our third and possibly last beach trip of the year. It was a fun week! The boys finally thought that it was fun to get in the waves and of course I forgot my camera!! Andy joined us on Wednesday night and he was able to bring it to me. We took this beach trip to Surfside Beach just south of Myrtle Beach. It was crazy crowded!! I have one picture of the beach scene, but that was not a good one to show just how crazy it was. The first day we were out there it was literally like that John Candy movie, "Summer Rental". The beach was so packed by the time we left at lunch time that there was nowhere for people to sit! It is amazing at how fast this beach has grown in the past 10 years.

The boys did a few firsts on this beach trip. We went to the Dixie Stampede on Friday night. I was really afraid it was going to be a bust, but it was great! The boys LOVED it!! In fact Cale loved it so much that he wouldn't even eat because he was afraid he would miss something in the show! Carter loved it too, but he did eat his yummy food. Carter fell asleep on the way there and stayed asleep until we woke him right before the show started. He must have been really tired because my kids have never stayed asleep while you moved them around.

My parents watched the boys last night so that Andy and I could have a date night, which we went to this cute and yummy place Lee's Inlet Kitchen. My parents took the boys to play putt putt for the first time at the Jungle Lake Golf and they loved it. I bought them a golf set at the beginning of the summer because unlike Andy I want my boys to be professional athletes/Olympians and I will do whatever it takes (just kidding but it would be pretty cool). Anyways, it looks like I picked the right sport because Cale got a HOLE IN ONE!!! How cool is that! He is only 3 years old! I have the next Tiger Woods!! Well probably not, but if Andy would work with him then maybe he could be. They start gymnastics camp tomorrow and I can't wait to see how that goes. We watched the men's gymnastics with them last night and they like it, but said the bar was too high for them and Cale said he needed a ladder to reach it. My next Olympic sport to push will be swimming next summer.

It is nice to be home and stay home for a while. Maybe this fall we will venture to the mountains or the beach again. For now we will be getting ready to head back to school. Only a few more weeks of summer left.

No comments: