Our Family

Monday, August 25, 2008

Last Week

Last week was a pretty busy one for us. The boys finished up with gymnastics camp. They loved it! I am trying to talk Andy into getting them a trampoline for Christmas, but he isn't going for it.


Andy also celebrated his big 3-0 birthday last week. For his birthday I actually cooked! I made Andy's favorite meal, chicken with bacon wrapped around it (I will put that recipe at the bottom). For dessert I made him apple crisp with the apples from the backyard. The boys were a little confused about how that was his birthday cake, but it had cooked apples and oatmeal in it, so they enjoyed it! The boys gave Andy season 2 of The Office and I got him some new jeans, because that is the only way he will get new clothes.


Friday afternoon I went to visit a friend from my MOPS group that had twins a few weeks ago. They are so cute! I had totally forgotten what it was like to have newborn twins. It is really amazing how someone can forget that, but I truly believe that if we didn't forget people would never have more children. I do have to admit I kind of miss mine being that size. They were so tiny and sweet. The rest of the weekend was super busy. Unfortunately last night carter came down with one of those strange fever viruses. He was up all night long. He still feels a little bad today and before nap Cale was starting to run a fever. Hopefully it will only last a couple days. I hate it when the kids are sick and weepy. It is so sad.


Here are boys making a car show. This weekend they are going to visit my parents and hopefully going to a real car show. They are obsessed with old cars!
  • Recipe for Chicken with Bacon Wrapped Around it or Continental Chicken
6-8 chicken breasts
1 pack of bacon
1/4 c. flour
1 c. sour cream
1 can Cream of Mushroom soup
1 jar dried beef
Wrap the chicken with bacon. I like to use multiple pieces of bacon on each piece of chicken. Mix other ingredients. Line bottom of crock pot with dried beef. Put chicken in then pour mixture over chicken. Cover and cook on low 6-8 hours or high 3-4 hours. You can either serve this over rice or egg noodles, both are very yummy. You can also use frozen boneless/skinless chicken to make this recipe as well. Can you tell I like the easier the better! It also turns out very yummy even without the dried beef. Most of the time I am out of that ingredient. This is a favorite for everyone in our house, even the boys love this meal!



Posted by Picasa

No comments: