Our Family

Wednesday, July 2, 2008

My Boys are Back!

Our prayers have been answered this week! After last week and really the previous three weeks, I thought there is no way I am having any more kids and people that have 3 year olds and then have more kids are crazy, but this week has been much much better. I still don't think I am ready for more kids, but I at least feel like I can handle the ones I got. The boys are finally back to their almost normal selves, I guess we will really see at the pool this weekend.

They have started taking naps again, yeah!!! I of course have gone back to sitting outside of their door, but I don't care! It takes all of 10 minutes before Carter is asleep and a little longer for Cale, but no more than 30 mins. I just sit there and do my giant Sudoku book, it is a peaceful time for me. The have been sleeping about 2 hours or longer! I am just so excited about this. Bedtime has been late, but not too bad. They are asleep about 9:30. Last night we only had to go in there twice and they were in bed at about 8:30. They also slept until 7:30 this morning! I had told Andy for the last month when they just kept getting worse that I knew it was lack of sleep. That even though they showed signs of dropping their nap, the late bedtime, that they were not really ready to go from 2-3 hour naps everyday to nothing. They are much happier, nicer and much more pleasant to live with and I am so grateful for the answered prayer. Even though it doesn't sound like much, when you have 2 cranky 3 year olds it is a major quality of life issue.

No comments: