Our Family

Sunday, July 27, 2008

Beach Trip #2--Topsail Island, NC

We just got back from our second beach trip and had a blast!

The trip went really well. It was just the Andy and I and the boys. This was really the first vacation just the four of us have been on where we weren't traveling to visit family. The boys did really good. They are finally getting use to the ocean. By day 9 (that is adding the last beach trip) they got into the water without force! They have been sitting on our laps in the beach chairs in the water, but they finally got up the nerve to get in the water standing up! Andy and I figured it would take a trip with just us to convince them that it was ok. The only thing that I did that probably scared them, but surprisingly not too bad, was Cale almost picked up a Jellyfish that had washed up on shore. I started screaming, of course, and he ran.

The boys also slept in bunkbeds, there were two and so they both had the bottom bunk, with no bed rails. Andy and I couldn't believe they didn't fall out. This seems like a semi big milestone--we don't have to purchase two sets of bed rails when they graduate from toddler beds!

We still have one more beach trip to go! We are going to Surfside Beach with my parents. The boys and I will be going down with my parents a few days before Andy. This should be a nice break for Andy. I am looking forward to someone else getting up with the boys in the morning, oh wait Andy already does that. Well I mean I am looking forward to not having to get up at 7:15 when Andy has to leaving for work. Boy do I miss baby jail!!

No comments: