Our Family

Thursday, July 17, 2008

Feeding the Ducks!

The boys fed ducks for the first time last week. I have never taken them to the park to do. I guess I thought they wouldn't care or would try and eat the bread. Well, they liked feeding the ducks, fish, and turtles. I little too much, I thought they were going to fall right in a couple times! Cale would throw his in quickly and Carter slowly got rid of his so that it would last longer.

I know they are totally different people, even though for some reason most people think they look just alike, but it is so funny to me how they are raised at the same time and same way, but have totally different thought processes of how to do something. That sounds kind of stupid, but what I mean is they are constantly watching each other and yet they will still do things their own way even though one has figured out the best way to do something. It is so cute how the other one will just rely on the one that figured it out first and it is not always the same one (like many think). From the beginning we have tried very hard not to label them, like saying one is shy or one is louder, so that they would be different. I read not to do that in a twin book because then that will make the "shy" one think he is shy. I don't know if that is scientifically proven, but it sounded good. So it is always hard when people are like, "How are they different?" or "How do you tell them apart?" Sometimes I feel like saying, "How do you tell your kids apart?" We obviously think they look and act different, afterall they are OUR children. I guess people should ask, "How can we tell them apart?", because for me to go into every little detail of how they are different or try and explain that while today at this moment Carter is shy, tomorrow Cale may be shy. It is just one of those things that I should be use to as a twin mommy, especially a mommy to identical twins. Whereas, my firends with boy/girl twins have pretty much stopped getting bombarded with personal questions from strangers we still get them. Luckily it is not as much or as dumb of questions/comments, but we still get them. A couple of funny things lately, at church (I probably made this guy mad) this guy on the bus asked me what the age difference was between the boys. I just couldn't resist--so my response was, "47 minutes." He gave me a really strange look, then I thought oops I just insulted this guy. So I explained that I didn't want to give the same boring, "Their twins." response. Then the other month some brillant lady asked Andy if the boys were "medically identical". What?! I honestly don't know what people are thinking sometimes. I guess she was asking if we used fertility drugs? But even then that is definitely not any of her business. Oh well it just adds lots of humor to life!





Posted by Picasa

No comments: