Our Family

Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Andy Learns His Lesson

I think that lately the boys have been getting into more stuff that they didn't use to do, but it doesn't help when Daddy isn't doing a great job of watching them.
Friday afternoons Andy gets off around 12 or so and since I am working now while the boys are at school, that is my time to grocery shop. Well on Thursday night, Andy had to go back to work and he worked until 4 in the morning and was obviously really tired, so I told him I wouldn't go or I would put the boys down for a nap first but he told me to go. So when I come home, an hour later, Andy had taken the boys down to the basement to play in the playroom and came back upstairs. Well, he thought that since they were playing so nice and quiet that they were being good and he didn't bother them WRONG! Quiet in our house always means, up to no good! When I walked in I ask why they were so quiet. I thought they had fallen asleep, oh but no. They had climbed on top of the pool table, which is used to block the old fireplace that we don't use, and had thrown everything off the top except for you guessed it, the basket of markers. What they threw off, not of the carpet side but the hearth side, were all the pool sticks, wipes and the basket and coloring books. They kept the markers and colored all over the pool table. . After Andy learned his lesson and had to clean the mess up, we moved the pool table out of the playroom, which weighs 200lbs and cause my right shoulder to hurt for several days, and cleaned up the old fireplace. Luckily or at least for now, they do understand to stay away from the fireplace since there is one in the living room that we do use in the winter. On the brighter side, it does make the playroom look much larger.
What I always find so amazing is that when the kids are with other people and far away from us, people think that they are perfect angels. I guess I should take that as a compliment, but sometimes I wish they could always be that good at home. Don't get me wrong they do play good at home sometimes. Like the other night they were just sitting in the middle of the living room floor playing with their matchbox cars, which is their most favorite thing right now, in a little garage, ramp thing and being so good. Andy and I talked about if they were that good all the time the earth would be overpopulated because who wouldn't want sweet kids like that.

No comments: