Our Family

Monday, May 3, 2010

No, You Don't Have to Breastfeed

I saw this article yesterday and thought it was very helpful.  I am breastfeeding Mack, although for about 3 months he had breast milk mixed with Alimentum formula, but Cale and Carter I only made it for about a month and felt terrible guilty for quitting.  I wish I had read this article then.  I don't know how long I am going to nurse, but when I think about quitting I still feel guilty and I don't know why.  Cale and Carter are perfect and in my opinion geniuses and Mack has had several months of formula and now gets it when we are out and I don't want to nurse in public because I can't because he is way too distracted to actually eat. So why do I still feel gulity?!  Andy says it is because I couldn't make it work last time and this time I did and I feel like I shouldn't quit.  Maybe that is it.  I am making up for lost time.  I don't know, but I do know there is nothing wrong with not breastfeeding and formula is just as good, as I have two wonderful children that had pretty much nothing but formula. 

I just wish moms would support other moms no matter what their decision is!  Why can't we all just say "That is great and I am so glad that is what works for your family." ? Just like working, stay at home, homeschooling, public school, private school or any other hard decision that a family has to make.  I hate when moms critize other moms for their decisions.  Life is hard enough without others critizing our choices.  I have in the past definitely heard it about the not breastfeeding issue and the staying at home (although I call it work at home while spending time with your kids) and it has made me feel crappy.  I have never critized another mom, or at least not meant to, because I know how gulity or bad it makes me feel.  Please let's just support moms becasue this job is hard enough! 


No, You Don't Have to Breastfeed

Posted using ShareThis

No comments: