Our Family

Monday, May 24, 2010

My Babies are 5!!!


Well the day I never thought would come has come...my babies turned 5 years old!! I think about their birth a lot and it is so hard to believe that it has been 5 years! I thought when they were born that was an age that seemed so very far away. We have been through so much and we are definitely better having gone through it. They really are such sweet and loving boys. I really hate it when people say, "don't you wish you had a girl?" or when people would say," 2 boys, wow. You have your hands full." I just say, "yes, and I am so glad that I have sweet boys who love their mommy." They will just come up to me and say, "I just love you." That is so sweet. I actually heard Cale on his birthday tell Carter, "I can't believe I am 5 today. I really liked being 4 and 3." I should probably watch what I say around them before they start being sad about growing up. But it has been really hard for me to have them grow up and go to kindergarten. So much in just a few months. All those hard times seem so long ago and what seemed like we would never get through was gone in the blink of an eye.

I hate that it has taken me so long to post the boys birthday pics or at least some of them. I really will get all of them on here in a slide show sometime. We are on summer vacation now, so time for relaxing and just enjoying each other. Sometimes we just don't do that enough. I really hate when people are so ready for their kids to grow up or complain about them being little. They really aren't little for that long and I know I probably did my fair share of complaining back in the days when it was trying on me physically, mentally and emotionally everyday. I would do anything to get those days back, but you learn from that to enjoy even the trials in life because that just makes you realize how blessed you really are.

Here we are on Mother's Day, which is always around their birthday. Mother's day fell on the Sunday two days before they were born. I remember we went out to eat that day for lunch and the host gave me a flower for mother's day because he said it looked like I was close enough to becoming a mother.




The boys just wanted to play Mario Cart for their birthday.


Cale wanted a zoo cake and Carter wanted a Cars cake. We had small group that night, so we celebrated with them.



This was their big present...a basketball goal!!! They were so excited.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: